成為優秀溝通者的要素
Little changes that go a long way.
小變化大有幫助。
I started my career in motion design.
我的職業生涯始于運動設計。
My focus was on the visual and technical skills required to make emotionally compelling work. I believed great design speaks for itself.
我的重點是進行令人信服的作品所需的視覺和技術技能。 我相信出色的設計可以說明一切。
I was wrong.
我錯了。
Over the last few years, I’ve been working to better understand myself, others and how to communicate. It’s helped, but I’ve got a long way to go. Here are some things I’ve learned along the way:
在過去的幾年中,我一直在努力更好地了解自己,他人以及如何交流。 它有幫助,但是我還有很長的路要走。 這是我在學習過程中學到的一些東西:

學會聽 (Learn to listen)
Create space for others. Without active listening, all other communication breaks down. Listening comes more naturally to some, but everyone can and needs to learn.
為他人創造空間。 如果沒有積極的聆聽,所有其他通信都會中斷。 聆聽自然而然,但每個人都可以而且需要學習。
Don’t listen for the sake of listening. Listen to understand. Start doing these things to improve your listening skills:
不要為了聽而聽。 聽著明白。 開始做這些事情來提高您的聽力能力:
- Make more eye contact 進行更多的眼神交流
- Open yourself up, don’t cross your arms 開放自己,不要雙臂交叉
- Cut the nervous gestures, be confident 減少緊張的手勢,要自信
- Ask follow up questions 提出后續問題
These little changes make a huge impact.
這些小的變化產生了巨大的影響。
The difficulty of listening is amplified as more of us permanently work from home.
隨著越來越多的人在家里長期工作,聆聽的困難加劇了。
As hard as it is, do this on video calls. Keep your camera on and stop multitasking too (people can tell, and they don’t like it).
盡其所能,在視頻通話中執行此操作。 保持相機開啟并停止多任務處理(人們會說,但他們不喜歡)。

可以安靜 (It’s okay to be quiet)
Vocal people often dominate conversation. If you are quiet, that’s just fine.
有聲調的人經常主導談話。 如果您安靜,那就很好。
In fact, Amazon starts their meetings with silence. They found reading through memos before beginning a meeting created better conversations and ensures people are actually engaged.
實際上,亞馬遜默默地開始會議 。 他們發現在開始會議之前通讀備忘錄可以創建更好的對話并確保人們確實參與其中。
Being intelligent doesn’t mean you need to talk more, and being louder doesn’t make you any smarter.
變得聰明并不意味著你需要多說話,而變得更大聲也不會使你變得更聰明。
If you tend to be more vocal, dial it back. The quiet ones in the room have valuable insights that go unheard because you won’t pipe down. Start asking more questions, and keep practicing active listening. You might be surprised by what you learn.
如果您傾向于發聲,請撥回電話。 房間中安靜的房間有一些寶貴的見解,而這些見解是聞所未聞的,因為您不會管閑事。 開始問更多問題,并繼續練習積極聆聽。 您可能會對所學的知識感到驚訝。

創建更好的文檔 (Create better documentation)
If you died today, who would go through all of your working files?
如果您今天去世,誰來處理您的所有工作文件?
This is a morbid, but important question. Good designers provide clear documentation to prepare others to interact with their files.
這是一個病態但重要的問題。 好的設計師提供清晰的文檔,以使其他人可以與他們的文件進行交互。
Designers, product managers, engineers and marketing stakeholders all benefit from better documentation. Start doing this:
設計師,產品經理,工程師和市場利益相關者都將從更好的文檔中受益。 開始這樣做:
- Create a consistent way to name files and pages within it 創建一致的方式來命名其中的文件和頁面
- Outline the project, problem, solution and business objectives 概述項目,問題,解決方案和業務目標
- Provide additional context with data or customer insights 提供具有數據或客戶洞察力的其他環境
- Name your frames/artboards properly 正確命名相框/畫板
- Lay out flows in a logical order 按邏輯順序布置流程
- Provide arrows to show flows, add annotations 提供箭頭以顯示流程,添加注釋
A little goes a long way. Speed up this process by creating a component library. This will help your coworkers know what to expect from you.
一點點走很長的路要走。 通過創建組件庫來加快此過程。 這將幫助您的同事知道您的期望。

重新思考您的作品展示方式 (Rethink how you present your work)
Different people have different context. It’s important to identify your audience and what they need. Here’s how I approach presenting my work:
不同的人有不同的背景。 確定您的受眾群體和他們的需求很重要。 這是我介紹工作的方式:
Immediate Team Members: They know you and your work. Presenting in this context is informal, almost conversational.
直屬團隊成員:他們了解您和您的工作。 在這種情況下進行演示是非正式的,幾乎是對話式的。
Designers: They loosely know your work, they might know you. A presentation is necessary, but no need to get super formal. It can be made inside your working files.
設計師:他們大概了解您的工作,他們可能認識您。 演示是必要的,但無需獲得超級正式的證明。 可以在您的工作文件中創建它。
Company: They don’t know you, and they may not know your work. You need to properly set up the problem, solution and results. Present clearly and don’t overwhelm with details.
公司:他們不認識您,他們可能不了解您的工作。 您需要正確設置問題,解決方案和結果。 呈現清晰,不要淹沒細節。
External: They don’t know you, your work or potentially the company at all. You’ll need to introduce a lot. Be thorough but simple.
外部的:他們根本不認識您,您的工作,甚至根本不認識公司。 您需要介紹很多。 徹底但簡單。
Your audience dictates how and what you present.
聽眾決定了您的呈現方式和內容。
Understand how your audience will need to interact with your work. Do you need a prototype, brief in-file walkthrough, or a formal pitch deck?
了解觀眾如何與您的作品進行互動。 您是否需要原型,簡短的文件內演練或正式的演講稿?
Think about how the information will be shared and choose the most appropriate presentation medium on a case by case basis.
考慮如何共享信息,并視具體情況選擇最合適的展示媒介。

知道如何處理沖突 (Know how to deal with conflict)
No one likes conflict, but disagreements are inevitable in the workplace. How you handle them is what matters. If you’ve struggled with how to address conflicts in the past, try this:
沒有人喜歡沖突,但是在工作場所不可避免地存在分歧。 如何處理它們很重要。 如果您過去一直在努力解決沖突,請嘗試以下操作:
- Understand the issue 了解問題
- Identify the why 找出原因
- De-escalate if necessary 必要時降級
- Create space for everyone to be heard 創造空間讓所有人都能聽到
- Prioritize key problems to address the conflict 優先解決關鍵問題以解決沖突
- Make an actionable plan 制定可行的計劃
- Follow through on that plan 遵循該計劃
- Follow up with everyone 跟大家跟進
Every situation is different, and this is not a checklist.
每種情況都是不同的,這不是清單。
Most conflicts don’t resolve overnight. It might take days, or even months and that’s okay. Stay professional and do your best to collaborate and remain open-minded even in difficult situations.
大多數沖突不會在一夜之間解決。 可能要花幾天甚至幾個月的時間,這沒關系。 保持專業水平,盡最大努力進行協作,即使在困難的情況下也保持開放的胸懷。
These changes have impacted my professional and personal life for the better. That being said, it takes time to change our behavior. Make small, achievable shifts, don’t try and change everything at once.
這些變化影響了我的職業和個人生活。 話雖如此,改變我們的行為需要時間。 進行小的,可實現的轉變,不要嘗試立即更改所有內容。
Small incremental steps will bring about huge changes over time.
隨著時間的推移,小的增量步驟將帶來巨大的變化。
是否需要有關如何在設計事業中脫穎而出的真正建議? (Want real advice on how to excel in your design career?)
訂閱《設計人員》 新聞簡報 。 每周一封電子郵件。 (Sign up for the Humans of Design newsletter. One email a week.)
翻譯自: https://medium.com/humans-of-design/if-you-want-to-be-a-better-designer-become-a-better-communicator-985653effa6e
成為優秀溝通者的要素
本文來自互聯網用戶投稿,該文觀點僅代表作者本人,不代表本站立場。本站僅提供信息存儲空間服務,不擁有所有權,不承擔相關法律責任。 如若轉載,請注明出處:http://www.pswp.cn/news/275663.shtml 繁體地址,請注明出處:http://hk.pswp.cn/news/275663.shtml 英文地址,請注明出處:http://en.pswp.cn/news/275663.shtml
如若內容造成侵權/違法違規/事實不符,請聯系多彩編程網進行投訴反饋email:809451989@qq.com,一經查實,立即刪除!